Tuesday 1 November 2011

Games I have been playing.

I haven't been posting much on here as of late, I just haven't had the enthusiasm to do so. I tend to either read loads of gaming news and write a lot or just game a lot. Lately I have been gaming loads so I felt obliged to do an update of what I have been playing. While we are seeing a fair amount of big titles coming out, none of them really take my fancy. Battlefield I couldn't give a damn about, same goes for CoD. I generally play military shooters for single player, yes I know shock horror, someone who doesn't fall victim to the multiplayer military shooter trap which has seeming caught a boat load of folks over the past few years. Then we have Skyrim coming along, I did play Oblivion a while back with games like those I always get side tracked and just end up just going round killing stuff rather than following the story and never end up finishing it, I probably will get it some point down the line but really it's not all that high up the priority list. We have Rage which I'm kind of semi interested in, but due to my graphics card crapping out a couple months ago, I doubt a Radeon 3850 would do the game any justice, so I will probably get that at christmas along with a new graphics card. There is one game I am truely looking forward to though which is out later this month. That game is Serious Sam 3, if you do not know about this game go look in to it, and if you can't be arsed to do that I will sum it up for you in one simple sentence: Lots of enemies, lots of guns, lots of violence and lots of fun. That about covers it.

Now I will actually get on to games I have actually been playing. I will start off with a little game under the name of Payday: The Heist, this game came to my attention a few months back through some random playstation promotion they had on. About a week or so ago I noticed it was available on Steam as well (has yet to be released on Xbox). The game cost a mere 15 quid. So I thought I would pick it up and give it a shot. I am glad I did, at the point of writing this I have played about 18 hours according to Steam and that is within a week. Needless to say I have been quite addicted to it. The game is 4 player co-op where you get to pull off heists such as banks jobs and ripping off drug deals. The game only has 6 levels thus far however the last 2 in the list can only be played on hard or overkill difficulty, both levels in question I have yet to beat but I am working on it. I will do a little piece on the game in the near future giving a bit more detail about the game and my thoughts about it. I strongly recommend you go pick up the game if you have a spare £15 laying about with nothing to do.

While Payday has taken up a fair amount of my time, I have also been working through some of the games I got on the Steam Halloween sale. Which makes a change from me randomly buying games on Steam due to the ridiculously cheap price of it and never getting round to playing it. I bought Bioshock, Resident Evil 5, Painkiller and Ghostbusters all for £17. I haven't touched Bioshock or Ghostbusters yet, but I am about halfway through Resident Evil and slowly making my way through Painkiller, though I am playing PK on the hardest difficulty which is ridiculously hard but it has to be done. Just like Serious Sam has to be played on Serious difficulty otherwise your not doing it right. Anyway Painkiller will no doubt keep me occupied for months to come but I will persevere and eventually beat the damn game. I have also started to play Borderlands again as that was in the latest Steam sales so no doubt people will be playing it again.

I think that's about it really. I shall do another post about what I've been up to either late this month or beginning of the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment