Saturday 7 January 2012

Ubisoft to make AAA MMO

I came across an article on GameRant stating that Ubisoft will be heading in to the world of MMOs. This has got me quite intrigued considering Ubisoft are mainly a console developer and the majority of their games have been majorly single player with the likes of: Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia, everything Tom Clancy and others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Whether or not they will be making a brand new title for this is undetermined, this would make more sense as none of their current IPs seem very fitting for multi player especially on the scale MMOs tend to be. There has been some speculation that it may be Assassins Creed attempting to make this leap. That is pure speculation though, I really don't see that happening though, I can't picture how that would work.

It does seem a weird move by Ubisoft considering their back catalogue of games. I'm definitely interested to see what happens with this as I have no idea how they are going to pull it off. It just seems too out of place for Ubisoft for me to comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment