Tuesday 24 January 2012

Origin gains more clientele


I realise a lot of people aren't the biggest fan of Origin in its current state. From what I have heard complaint wise it does need a lot of work which over time hopefully will. EA have now partnered up with a number of new publishers wanting to use their Origin service. Origin will now be offering games from the following companies:

  • CD Projekt Red
  • Trion Worlds
  • Freebird Games
  • Recoil Games
  • Autumn Games
  • 1C Company
  • inXile Entertainment
  • Paradox Interactive
  • Core Learning Ltd
  • N3V Games

They seem to be getting a decent number of third party publishers on their digital download service. I hope they keep at it work on their Origin client and offer us more sales in hope to sway us away from Steam. If they can offer me games cheaper than them I will quite happily start using them. It would be good to see Steam with some true competition. Yes, there are a number of digital download services, but they are all rather small in comparison. Steam is the current reigning champion of PC gaming. If EA keep going the way they are in a few years I reckon they will be up there. If not it will just end up like GFWL. I have no problem with EA and what they are trying to do but if they want to win over the PC community they are going to have to work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment