Wednesday 28 September 2011

More zombie flicks on the horizon.

Dead Island looks like it is going to be turned into a film. Liongate have announced they have optioned the Dead Island film rights from Deep Silver. It seems the making of a Dead Island movie has been inspired by the trailer which brought so much attention to the game. While the trailer itself had next to nothing to do with the actual storyline in the game (which I quite enjoyed and think would convert well to film), I do think if they elaborate on the story based on the trailer, it could be quite the emotional zombie flick, though I am not sure where about in the story that scene would go but I am a little intrigued to say the least. Liongates co-COO and motion picture group president Joe Drake has commented on why they chose to get behind Dead Island stating:

"Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Dead Island trailer, we to were awestruck. This is exactly the type of property we're looking to adopt at Liongate - it's sophisticated, edgy and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential."

Also as I am on the topic of zombie movies, I came across a fan made Left 4 Dead movie trailer, below, which has now been recognised by Valve them self and posted on their official facebook page. There isn't to much to the trailer, you do however get a glimpse of Bill, there are a couple teasers videos on their Youtube channel as well. I believe this could do quite good, especially with the massive fan base behind the L4D series. I personally think Left 4 Dead would be better if they made it into a series of TV shows and have it like the game running from safe house to safe house until you find a way to escape, and have one series equal to one level with the series finale being the level finale. I could see it working. Anyway I will be keeping an eye on updates for both of these and see what happens with them. I am expecting good things from them both as I am a fan of both games and am yet to get bored the whole zombie scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment